What are swirl marks and how do I remove them?
A swirl mark is a very light, and typically circular, scratch pattern; they can however appear across the paintwork in straight lines. They usually occur through wear and tear by, for example, automatic car wash brushes or not following a safe two bucket wash method. Swirl marks can be removed by hand using G3 Professional Paint Renovator and the white G3 Professional Applicator Waffle Pad using the following method:
- Lightly dampen the white G3 Professional Applicator Waffle Pad with water
- Apply a small amount of G3 Professional Paint Renovator to the applicator
- Work over the swirl marks using a straight back and forth motion starting left to right and then up and down
- Apply even pressure and repeat until the swirl marks are removed
- Remove residue and buff with a soft dry cloth
- Apply a Sealant or wax such as G3 Professional Resin Superwax or G3 SuperGloss Paste Wax over the area to seal in the finish