I have faded fingerprint stains on my car. What caused them and how do I repair them?
These are typically caused by hand creams and sun lotions. If you’ve just applied cream to your hands and open your car door before letting the cream absorb into your skin, the cream will transfer onto your paintwork and can eat away it – this is what causes the staining. The stains however can be restored with G3 Professional Scratch Remover and the white G3 Professional Applicator Waffle Pad using the following method:
- Lightly dampen the white G3 Professional Applicator Waffle Pad with water
- Apply a small amount of G3 Professional Scratch Remover to the applicator
- Work over the stain using a straight back and forth motion starting left to right and then up and down
- Apply even pressure and repeat until the stain is removed
- Remove residue and buff with a soft dry cloth
- Apply a wax such as G3 Professional Resin Superwax or G3 SuperGloss Paste Wax over the area to seal in the finish